- Indus valley (secular/textile)
- Jain philosophy- world is created by
- Vedic civilization-meaning of dharma and rita
- Reasons for cultural contacts between southeast asia and bay of bengal
Modern post 1857
- Nehru report recommendations
- Usha mehta-role indian freedom struggle
- Home charges in drain of wealth.
- Kheda satyagraha, why
- Land settlement system of lord cornwallis
- Quit india movment- false statement
- Weddernburn and caine committee 1893
- Gandhi-book unto this last
- metropolitan planning committee
- 73rd amendment provides for-statements
- vote on account and interim budget-difference between them
- union budget is not pass it by the lok sabha when
- the functions of finance commission of india.
- consolidated fund of india-withdrawing money
- revenue of union government goes into each account
- fundamental duty-which of the following is not
- Lower Gangetic climate good for which crops
- Name of state producing lot cash crops, central part producing cotton.
- Salinization in irrigation
- State with good climate for orchid cultivation
- La nina is different from a el nino
- Westerlies in southern hemisphere are stronger. Why
- Jetcraft flies easily in lower stratosphere why?
- Brahmaputra makes u turn because
- African and eurasian desert belt, why formed?
- Malacca strait-reducing travel time to east asia.
- Animal living in sandy and saline area in india
- Algal blooms in seawater
- Carbon cycle, which adds co2
- Biodiversity forms the basis for human existence by
- Coal combustion at thermal plants, pollutants emitted
- Ozone hole in antarctica why
- Microbial fuel cells-statements
- Bioasphalt important because
- Mangroves in tsunami
- Red data book for endangered species
- Carbon credits-false statement.
- Why western ghats and indo-burma regions are hot spots of biodiversity
- Why carbon dioxide does not remain in lower atmosphere
- Marine upwelling zones are important for ecosystem productivity because
- Why tropical rainforest does not regenerate quickly
- Himalayan range is rich in species diversity because
- Central acts, having relevance with biodiversity conservation
- Two rivers of jharkhant and odisha merging and forming biodiversity area at
- Site for in-situ method of conservation of flora
- Biodiversity between lower and higher latitudes
Pteridophytes: india has about 1200 species under 204 genera. While species of marsilea, azolla and salvinia grow in aquatic habitats, those of acrostichum occur in mangrove ecosystems.
Science and technology
- blu-ray disc is different from dvd
- bluetooth and wi-fi device -difference
- virtual private network
- lake frozen on top but bottom is liquid
- cfl and led lamps-difference between them
- artificial satellite does not fall down because
- asteroids and comets-difference between them
- geostationary satellite meaning
- ionosphere facilitates radio-communication because
- brent crude oil meaning
- heavy water in nuclear reactor-its function
- antioxidants and fruit
- aspartame artificial sweetener
- blood groups
- trans fats advertisement
- bt-brinjal advantage
- dna sequencing will help us in
- tree dies when bark is removed because
- Gdp and per capita income increased during last 5 years or not
- Credit to agriculture and allied activities by various institutes
- Economic growth is coupled with
- Lowering of bank rate leads to
- Value added tax. False statement
- Closed economy, meaning
- Class struggle process in karl marx's theory
- Fdi and fii difference between
- High food inflation because
- Fiscal stimulus.
- Current account deficit, how to reduce
- Economically-foreign visitors in common wealth games amounts to
- Teaser loans by commercial banks
- Base effect's role in inflation
- Why disinvestment in public sector enterprises
- Mega food parks- why
- Imf gives loans to which nations.
Social economical development, rights issue, empowerment etc
- Human rights given under universal declaration of human rights
- Tribal insurrection in 19th-century
- National minority-advantages given
- Physically disabled people-benefits available under the law
- Inclusive growth can be furthered by
- Aam admi bima yojana
- Micro-finance includes which facilities
- Who is eligible for mnrega
- Demographic dividend meaning
Current international affairs
- Look east policy means
- New start
- Australia group, and wassenaar arrangement
- South-east Asia has got attention of global community because
Public policy or yearbook stuff
Person in news, sports and awards
- Dates, places and people = not important. (be it history, geography or current affairs)
- Economy = new katrina kaif.
- Geography= fast losing its popularity like Akshay kumar. Specific names of city, village, mountain or waterfalls not important because of the new climate change-biodiversity topic. May be this was done to crush the coaching factories.In short, Wizard's Geography special book (and any other 'special Geography book') blasting your head off with 50000 x 10^20 place names in India and World, are not important anymore. Same is true for all those 'prelim special issues' of various magazines dealing with Geography, Economy etc. because all they do is throw date-place-name-height and length details at you without clearing your concepts.
- Self-study is sufficient for biodiversity –climate change topic, you don't need some magic-material by coaching class/magazines copied from M.sc (botany) or IPCC journals and bombarding you with tones of minute details. Climate change is taken over geography as the new 'hot topic'.
- Aint no point in studying in depth for medieval/ancient anymore. (hardly 4 marks) if you're feeling lucky, you may even sell your books related to that, it'd not hurt much.(unless history is your optional subject) because GS (History) mains syllabus is only post- 1857 mutiny onwards. *GS (Mains) also has Art-culture portion from Ancient-medieval, but it requires different books and different approach. Not the conventional kings and battles stuff.
- The glorious era of India yearbook is finally over. Don't throw it away though, you can use it as dumbbells or to kill cockroaches.
- Polity very easy, financial polity given emphasis, you could solve most by merely going through the legendary Laxmikanth. DD basu is as irrelevant for prelims as Mimoh Chakhrabarti is for bollywood.
- Say Goodbye to PSLV chronology and Planet :size and number of moons tables. The new 'Space/Astronomy GS' is about basic understanding only.
- Sayonara to All the sports-related terms,famous players of each sports, measurements of playgrounds, countries participating in FIFA, CWG or Asian Games, All the Hindustani and Carnatic musicians, dancers and painters.
- Government has setup 5000+ National institutes on each subject (dairy,fisheries,pulses,...) in each town. But no need to remember it anymore.