Like any other ticketing service, IRCTC also has its own terms and conditions that are applicable for both online & offline ticket booking customers.
- You can book Tatkal tickets just one day before the day of the journey. For example, if you're planning to go for a journey on 4th October, then you can book the tickets on 3rd October.
Note: Day of Journey implies the day of chart preparation and not the day of the reaching the desired boarding station.
- Tatkal tickets can be booked only after 10AM on any day for the next coming day.
- No refund will be made if a confirmed tatkal ticket is cancelled except in cases where your ticket is still in waiting list at the time of cancellation.
- In order to book a tatkal train ticket, you'll need to present a copy of any one of the eight prescribed proofs of identity such as Driving license, PAN Card, Voter ID, Govt.Issued I-Card, Student Identity Card, Passport, Bank Passbook, Credit Card.
- You'll also need to carry the original copy of your submitted identity proof along with you while traveling.
The most frustrating thing every online user faces while booking a Tatkal ticket is the "session expire" error. It is very irritating when you've completed all the steps and the session is expired when you select the payment gateway or sometimes even before that. Even I've faced this issue several times and so I decided to find a solution to this issue.
IRCTC Session Expired Solution:I
The only working solution to this "Session Expired" problem is that you've to keep the session active until you book the ticket. In order to achieve that you'll have to visit the following link in another browser and keep visiting the URL for every 3 minutes. Doing so will keep your session active.
https://www.irctc.co.in/cgi-bin/bv60.dll/irctc/services/servicesNTerms.do?LinkValue=5&voucher=29&BV_SessionID=SESSIONID&BV_EngineID=BV_EngineIDNote: You'll have to change the above code with your SESSIONID and BV_EngineID and then paste it in the browser other than the one you're working on i.e., if you're booking the tatkal ticket using IRCTC on Firefox, then open the above URL in Chrome or Internet Explorer and ping it for every 3 minutes or so to keep the session active.
To make it more clear, take the example below.
Your session will become active once you log into your IRCTC account. Here is the URL that contains the sessionID and engineID.
https://www.irctc.co.in/cgi-bin/bv60.dll/irctc/booking/planner.do?screen=fromlogin&BV_SessionID=@@@@0958659016.1349272417@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccfladfhmfdefklcefecehidfgmdfkm.0Note the SessionID and EngineID (marked in RED) and replace the above said URL with these parameters and open it in any browser other than the one on which the IRCTC website is opened. Do this until you complete your booking process.
So, our final URL that helps us keep the session active will look like the below one.
IRCTC Session Timed Out Solution:II (Easy Alternative)
If you're still confused with the above trick, then ignore the above steps. Instead of replacing the above URL with parameters, simply open IRCTC website > Login > General > Terms & Conditions.
Source : http://www.techzene.com/2012/10/irctc-tatkal-trick-session-expired-solution.html