Friday, March 28, 2014
FREE online classes from www.edx.org
EdX offers interactive online classes and MOOCs from the world’s best universities. Online courses from MITx, HarvardX, BerkeleyX, UTx and many other universities.EdX is a non-profit online initiative created by founding partners Harvard and MIT.
Current courses from www.edx.org
1. Principles of Written English - An introduction to academic writing for English Language Learners, focusing on essay development, grammatical correctness, and self-editing.
2. Engaging India - A course that examines some of the factors that have shaped India and what makes India the country it is today. This course is presented in both English and Hindi. Videos will feature Hindi subtitles.
3. Becoming a Resilient Person - The Science of Stress Management - This course gives you the permission to take care of yourself by learning the skills to manage stress and optimize wellbeing.
4. Natural Disasters - This course examines the science behind different types of natural disasters and our ability or inability to control and predict such events.
5. Anthropology of Current World Issues - You will learn about the way in which anthropology as a discipline can shed new perspectives on current world issues, from indigeneity to migration and material culture.
6. Terrorism and Counterterrorism - Course topics include the nuances involved in defining terrorism, the nature of Al Qaeda, Hamas, and other important groups, the effectiveness of different counterterrorism tools like detention and military force, linkages (or the lack thereof) between terrorism and world religions like Islam, terrorist recruiting, counterterrorism and the rule of law, the political context in South Asia and the Middle East, and emerging issues like cyber-terrorism.