The RTI Act partially excludes the following from the ambit of the Act:1. Organisations specified in the Second Schedule 2. Information furnished by such organisations to the Central Government
However, the following information is not excluded:
•Information pertaining to the allegations of corruption
•Information pertaining to the allegations of human rights violations
Approval of the Central Information Commission is required for disclosure of information in respect of allegations of human rights violations and maximum
time limit is 45 days for such disclosures. It seems the excluded organisations need not obtain such approval from the Central Information Commission to
THE SECOND SCHEDULE
Intelligence and security organisation established by the Central Government
1. Intelligence Bureau.
2. Research and Analysis Wing of the Cabinet Secretariat.
3. Directorate of Revenue Intelligence.
4. Central Economic Intelligence Bureau.
5. Directorate of Enforcement.
6. Narcotics Control Bureau.
7. Aviation Research Centre.
8. Special Frontier Force.
9. Border Security Force.
10. Central Reserve Police Force.
11. Indo-Tibetan Border Police.
12. Central Industrial Security Force.
13. National Security Guards.
14. Assam Rifles.
15. Sashastra Seema Bal.
16. Directorate General of Income-tax (Investigation).
17. National Technical Research Organisation.
18. Financial Intelligence Unit, India.
19. Special Protection Group.
20. Defence Research and Development Organisation.
21. Border Road Development Board.