The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India (GoI) has launched an 'Online Certificate Course on RTI' for various stakeholders on, both, the demand and supply sides of the RTI implementation regime.
This Online Certificate Course on RTI is launched in association with the Centre for Good Governance, Hyderabad.
This Online Certificate Course is aimed at:
- Public Information Officers (PIOs)
- Assistant Public Information Officers (APIOs)
- Appellate Authorities
- Officials assisting the above designated officers or other public officials
- Representative of Civil Society Organisations (including Media Organisations)
- Any other person(s) who could be a direct / indirect stakeholder
OCC_RTI is a 15-day online course.
These 15 days are further divided into two slots. The first 12 days are allocated to study the chapters and thereby the modules including taking a quiz for each chapter. The last 3 days are to be used for taking the online examination.
The online course is flexible. Within these slots of 12 days and 3 days, a candidate can complete the course work (i.e,. study of modules) at her / his convenience - one or more than one chapter / module at a time. It is estimated that each chapter and its respective quiz can be completed in one hour.
What is the purpose of taking the OCC_RTI?